Two people have been killed and three injured in two stabbing incidents in the southern Dutch city of Maastricht, authorities said.
Police said in a tweet that one suspect had been detained on suspicion of involvement in the incidents. They released no details on the suspect or the victims.
Prime Minister Mark Rutte said it was not a terror attack, echoing comments from the police.
"It is terrible what happened there. People were killed and others were injured," Mr Rutte said at an EU summit in Brussels.
The incidents happened in a residential neighbourhood in the north of Maastricht, a city 133 miles south of the capital, Amsterdam, and close to the Netherlands' borders with Belgium and Germany.
Police said a man was stabbed to death during a fight around 9pm local time and a suspect fled the scene. Ten minutes later a woman was fatally stabbed and two men injured about half a mile away from the first incident. A third wounded person was later found at a local mosque.
Police said the investigations are continuing.
The two most senior figures in far-right group Britain First were both arrested at a court in Belfast on Thursday.
Deputy leader Jayda Fransen was detained for questioning over alleged anti-Islamic comments posted on the organisation's Facebook page.
Officers made the arrest immediately after she had signed bail on charges of making a hate speech at a rally in the city this summer.
Earlier, the group's leader, Paul Golding, was held in connection with the same incident after he arrived with her at Belfast Magistrates' Court.
Police detained him as they approached ground floor elevators and took him for questioning.
During Fransen's appearance in the dock it was confirmed that she is to contest the charges against her.
The 31-year-old faces two counts of behaviour intending or likely to stir up hatred or fear by using words which were "threatening, abusive or insulting".
The allegations relate to a speech made at a 'Northern Ireland Against Terrorism' rally at City Hall on August 6.
Demonstrators had gathered on the same day as a republican march organised to mark the use of internment without trial by the British Army at the height of the Troubles in 1971.
Dressed in a dark coat and skirt, Fransen spoke in court to confirm she understood the charges, replying: "Yes."
Up to 10 men and women gathered in the public gallery to support the Britain First deputy leader.
A detective constable said she could connect her to the alleged offences.
Defence counsel Richard McConkey confirmed she will be fighting the allegations.
"I can indicate there will be not guilty pleas to both charges," he said.
The barrister added that the evidence against his client relates to video footage.
Fransen, who was at the centre of a political storm last month when US President Donald Trump retweeted anti-Muslim videos she posted, was bailed to return to court next month.
As part of those conditions she is banned from being within 500 metres of a public demonstration or rally.
Police and prosecutors sought the restriction amid public order concerns.
The detective claimed that a 'Free Speech for Jayda' rally was planned to take place in Belfast last weekend - only being postponed due to snow.
Fransen had been due to get a mid-afternoon flight back to London following her court appearance.
But the court was told police wanted to speak to her about comments posted on social media earlier this week during her time in Northern Ireland.
She was allegedly involved in a video recorded outside Belfast's Islamic Centre which referred to it as a "den of iniquity".
Detectives then made the arrest after Fransen completed her formalities.
A small group of protestors voiced their objections in the court foyer and outside, with one man telling police: "It's a disgrace what you're doing.
The Italian Court of Cassation ruled that a Facebook Like can be interpreted as an apology for terrorism.
A 25 year old Kosovan man was deported for sharing online propaganda in late 2016, reports the Giornale di Brescia.
Gaffur Dibrani had been living in the country for 10 years before being deported. The Interior Ministry said his computer contained "documents and files of jihadist propaganda, as well as contacts with two well-known Islamists". He also had liked propaganda videos on the social network.
Dibrani distanced himself from radical Islam and denied having intentionally shared jihadist propaganda. According to the prosecution, he liked and shared anti-West material on Facebook, including a picture of his two year-old son adorned with the Isis flag. One section of footage showed an Isis fighter asking Allah to "accept him as a martyr" and calling on other men to join the fight in Syria. His lawyer said that he "[hadn't] realised what he had done".
On two occasions prior to the ruling, a Brescia court said that there was not enough evidence against Dibrani, pointing out that: "Evoking holy war does not necessarily result in the creation of organised structures aimed at carrying out terrorist acts." It also stated that he had not made a "clear reference to Isis". As a result, Dibrani walked free two weeks after his arrest.
The Brescia prosecutor appealed his local court's decision to the Court of Cassation. The Court ruled it was "self-evident," that Dibrani has openly praised Isis online, and that the Brescia court of reviews had disregarded his connections with two other suspected extremists.
The Court also ruled that there should be no distinction between someone just clicking "Like" on a propaganda video and actively sharing it. According to the Court, this constitutes the same level of offence.
A video one likes will not end up on their Facebook "wall," but it will appear on their friends' timelines, having the same effect as a share.
The Court of Cassation ruled that Dibrani be immediately deported from Italy.
Since the beginning of 2015, Italy has taken a hard stance on extremism and apology of terrorism. People acting as "remote fighters" for Isis or who recruit on behalf of the terrorists could face up to six years in jail.
Page 1 of 10